Sunday 16 December 2012

BabyShower Gift

In november my boyfriends niece was born. I love cute (vintage) baby clothes so I decided to make a cute dress as a gift.
My mom made me adorable dresses when I was a child (I'll post a picture of such a dress very soon ;)) I think that's where I got my love for petticoats and big dresses.

The dress I finished a couple of months ago but couldn't blog about it because I wanted the dress to be a surprise.

The pattern I used was Burda 9802
 

Just now, while writing this and  looking for a picture of the pattern, I realise I made a mistake. I thought the pattern didn't include seam allowances so I added the seam allowances. That explains why the dress looked so big. But children grow so that won't be such a big problem ;).

I have to keep this in mind when I use an other pattern of Burda. I'm used to using patterns of Burda Style, and these patterns doesn't include seam allowances.
Below you can see my result. I love it! It's such a cute dress and bloomers!

Front of the dress

 Back of the dress



 Back of bloomers


Front of bloomers
(In the background you can see my granny square blanket that is not yet finished. When i'ts finished I'll post a tutorial about this ;)

You may recognise the fabric. I made my cherry shirt out of the remnants of this baby dress.

Have a great Sunday evening!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my...!!! This is sooooo cute. I hope the baby's mother thanked you enough for these wonderful gifts, for sure they are made ​​with love. I wish you Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosy, she was very happy with the gift ;)

      Delete